Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back at It

This week marked my first week back for my SECOND semester of graduate school, woot!

I was not, and still am not, ready to come back from break. However, this semester's courses look very interesting and I'm excited for them. I am not excited for all the reading/stress that will inevitably come with them.

Now that I have one semester under my belt, I've been comparing 'grad school life' to my life in the real world--or the junior version I experienced--over the last two years. I definitely miss being able to come home and work on things that I want to work on, rather than problem sets or infinitely long, infinitely boring articles. However, I do like thinking that I have direction and purpose...which I didn't necessarily have at my old job.

Overall, I feel like where I'm going has value, but that what I'm doing right now probably doesn't. And, I guess I will learn to be OK with that, but I do feel a bit as though my life is a big, murky mess. I think I'm starting to come to terms with the idea that I'll never REALLY know what I want to do or be when I grow up...and that I probably never will "grow up". I do hope that I get better at appreciating this journey, as its likely to be all that I get.

In other news, my resolutions are going OK and we have a new member of our household again! We got a new rescue puppy who will be featured tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment